Materials, Components and Modelling team
- Selection methodology of FRP materials for marine application.
- Small scale material tests results.
- Catalogue of applicable materials & joining techniques recommended by Classification Societies.
Design and Engineering
- Validated coupled numerical tools for composite-based vessels design (considering structure, seakeeping and fire).
- Structural design report for each vessel category.
- Project guidelines for design and certification of large-length vessels in FRP materials based on fire and structure performance criteria.
- Design and building of a fishing research vessel block as a demonstrator of the findings reached.
Production and Life Cycle Management
- Classification Societies guidance notes regarding production strategies and assembly sequencing recommendations as well as shipyard adaptation analysis.
- Guidelines on innovative inspection, monitoring and maintenance procedures.
- Analysis of waste management during fibre-based vessel construction.
- Decision support tool on life-cycle performance.
Shipping Market and Business Analysis
- Cost-benefit calculator development considering construction, life cycle and dismantling of the vessel.
- Global business plan of FIBRESHIP solution.
- Initial specification definition of the targeted vessels.
- End-users assessment and roadmap of FRP adoption in European shipping market.
- Engagement of companies to FIBRESHIP approach and promotion of new regulatory frameworks to allow the use of FRP in large-length ships all over the world.